DEAR FRIENDS !
The Madrid CE Organizing Committee is delighted to announce the annual Madrid Conference Exchange, to be held in Madrid from 2 to 7 May 2017, for the first time in many years linked to a National Conference of The Spanish Society of Family and Community Medicine (semFYC), which will take place from 4 to 6 May in Madrid.
There are 15 places available.
We invite participants to be in Madrid on Tuesday, May 2, 2017, completing the program on Saturday, May 6, to plan your return trip on Sunday, May 7.
- Within the framework of the exchange program, GP trainees and First-5s (GPs in their first 5 years) will have the opportunity to attend a Spanish GP practice for 2 days discovering the Spanish health system from inside, visit the emergency department of one of the most important Madrid hospitals, participate in multiple and diverse cultural activities such as guided sightseeing tour through our amazing city, visits to museums, most popular entertainment places and exciting assistance to a traditional Flamenco dance show.
- All exchange participants must be ready to take part and work in one international session during the congress. For this purpose, you will have to prepare 1-2 informative slides about strengths and weakness of your countries´ model of management of family medicine, its training and the knowledge required to carry out our specialty in your country. You must be ready to discuss the organizational and salary aspects, the issues of care burden and approaches to its improvement. We want to contrast our experiences of struggle for changes in our working conditions, to discuss the possibilities and modalities of postgraduate training, the ideas of increasing our professional quality and ways of raising the prestige of our specialty.
- Those who speak Spanish can take advantage to attend all classes of the congress that are of their professional interest.
- Regarding the Exchange, according to the VdGM regulation the official language will be English.
- The committee will not be able to grant free accommodation for all participants of the exchange; however, we hope to be able to accommodate about 5-7 visitors in the homes of young and future Spanish GPs. We´ll try to do our best to help the rest of the candidates to choose cheap hotels or rental apartments in the historical center of Madrid. Free accommodation places will be awarded by the strict order of referral of the application to the national coordinators. So first come, first served.
- The transport, as usual, will run on your own
- The Spanish Society of Family and Community Medicine invites all 15 participants to attend the National semFYC Congress, so Conference registration will be free.
If you are interested in joining us, please send your application (CV + motivation letter) before March 15 to your National Exchange Coordinator - Katarzyna Trybucka - email@example.com